Discounted Tickets and Hotel Packages:
12 things about Natural Bridge Caverns
- Natural Bridge Caverns is 30 minutes north of downtown San Antonio. Head north on I-35, exit #175 and turn left (west) on Natural Bridge Caverns Road/F.M. 3009. Then drive eight miles down on the left.
26495 Natural Bridge Caverns Road
Natural Bridge Caverns, TX 78266
- Children under 3 years old are free for the discovery tour.
- Besides the tours, guests can enjoy other activities such as Canopy Challenge, Zip line, Mining, and Maze. The tickets can be bought together or as a combo or separate. It is always a good idea to check out activities on-site first to decide if you would like to attend other activities.
- The cavern is a constant 70 degrees with a relative humidity of 99% that makes it feel more like 80 degrees.
- You should wear comfortable walking shoes with good traction as the trails are steep and wet.
- Discovery Tours take about 75 minutes. It departs every 10-40 minutes starting at 9 AM. Final tour departs at 4 PM.
- For the Canopy Challenge activities, no flip-flops or open heeled shoes are allowed, and skirts/dresses are not permitted.
- Photography is permitted. Flash photography is allowed inside the caverns as long as the flash is not used to photograph animals in the cavern.
- The Discovery tours are an all walking tour down 180 feet and back up. While the tour does not restrict guest access, it is difficult and almost impossible to be in wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, strollers, etc. You will have to carry both the person and their equipment through sections of the tour.
- There are food, drink, and snacks available to purchase.
- No outside food or drinks are permitted in the indoor dining areas. Natural Bridge Caverns has multiple picnic areas where you can bring snacks or a lunch to enjoy.
- If a visitor needs to bring a small, unopened pack of food for health purposes they can get it approved by the Admissions Office. The cavern tour does not allow drinks (other than water) food, gum, tobacco or smoking.